Saturday, December 9, 2017

Strive to be...

You may encounter many wonderful Christians that you put on pedestals. You may even aspire to be like them or hope to attain their level of holiness one day only to realize at some point that they aren't exactly what you once thought. It is so important to love all people where ever they are on their journey, but ONLY aspire to be like Jesus. Compare yourself only to His holiness and strive to be like Him alone.

~ Me

 I'm not free to discuss the whys here, but when God spoke this to me yesterday, I was thinking of young Christians or possibly even those who are not Christians seeing a godly person do things that aren't so godly and then leaving the faith or never coming to Jesus because of the example of Christians who are imperfect (me included). If we put our focus on man we can get tripped up. I agree that we can see a positive trait in someone and want that in our lives too, but when someone does something hurtful and they carry the name of Jesus is can damage others. Which is why I said we need to only aspire to be like Jesus and only compare ourselves to him. This quote was also just written and posted without really proofing it. I made changes to the beginning part a few hours later, but didn't update FB. Here is how I edited it - http://thinkonthisquotes.blogspot.com/.../strive-to-be.html


No comments: