Monday, February 11, 2013

Celtic Prayer

Lord of my heart,
give me wisdom to direct me, that thinking or acting,
I may always discern right from wrong.
give me courage to strengthen me, that amongst friends or enemies,
I may always proclaim your justice.
give me trust to console me, that hungry or well-fed,
I may always rely on your mercy.
save me from empty praise, that I may always boast of you.
save me from worldly wealth, that I may always look to the riches of heaven.
save me from military prowess, that I may always seek your protection.
save me from vain knowledge, that I may always study your word.
save me from unnatural pleasures,
that I may always find joy in your wonderful creation.
Heart of my own heart,
whatever may befall me,
rule over my thoughts and feelings,
my words and action.

~ Celtic Prayer

No comments: