Sunday, July 22, 2012

Observations from the Beach

"I went to watch the sunrise on the beach a couple mornings ago. As I was walking, hundreds of blue crabs were scurrying between their holes and the waters edge. As soon as they saw me coming the would hurry back to the safety of their sandy chambers. They recognized danger as soon as they saw it coming. (Well, not really from me.) But, I was thinking, how is that a small ocean creature is better at running from danger than we are? Sometimes we know we are going down a dangerous path, but we stay the course any way. May the Lord give us discernment and keep us on a good course. Proverbs 2:7-9 "He stores up sound wisdom for the upright; He is a shield to those who walk in integrity, Guarding the paths of justice, And He preserves the way of His godly ones. Then you will discern righteousness and justice And equity and every good course." ~ Mary Jean Dawson

No comments: