Friday, May 11, 2012

American Church Culture?

"Soon I realized I was on a collision course with an American church culture where success is defined by bigger crowds, bigger budgets, and bigger buildings. I was now confronted with a startling reality: Jesus actually spurned the things that my church culture said were most important.

I could not help but think that somewhere along the way we had missed what is radical about our faith and replaced it with what is comfortable. We were settling for a Christianity that revolves around catering to ourselves when the central message of Christianity is actually about abandoning ourselves."

~ David Platt (Radical: Taking Back Your Faith From the American Dream)

1 comment:

BRAD DUNN said...

Yes you are right; it is just a show off in churches. I am looking for spiritual guidance and want to cry out to Jesus. I heard about Thomas Meano . He assists everyone who is searching for Christ. He is renowned spiritual leader.