Saturday, February 25, 2012

Stealth Prayer

"Stealth prayer. It is extremely powerful. I was on staff at a youth retreat many years ago as a part of a secret team, working behind the scenes. Part of my task was to pray for the participants throughout the entire weekend as they strove to get closer to God. I sat in this upper room, praying and working, undistracted by the actions and movement of anyone else. Because I was shut away from the action, I focused on prayer, on talking to God, on praying for God’s presence. And I felt it. This behind-closed-doors stealth prayer was seen and felt way beyond the reaches of that upper room. Prayer is about being with God, and it is really difficult to do that when you are showing others how hard you are praying, or you are distracted by the world around you." ~ Shannon Kelly

No comments: