Wednesday, August 20, 2008

As a Wife Who Should You Depend on?

"Your future depends on God, not on a fallen man. Your security rests with your caring Creator's providence, not with your husband's paycheck. Your acceptance as a person became secure when God adopted you, not when your husband proposed to you. If you truly want to love, motivate, and influence your husband, your first step must be to connect - and to stay connected - with God. Find your refuge, security, comfort, strength and hope in him."

~ Gary Thomas (Sacred Influence)

2 comments:

Carol said...

Hi Robin, just letting you know that I have been reading your scriptures and your quotes...just not making comments. This book Sacred Influence has sure had some good nuggets in it! Thanks for posting them!!

Robin said...

Hi Carol,

That's basically how the whole book is - I own this one so I marked it up big time. Whenever I need a zigger I just open the book. Gary Thomas has several in your face kinds of books - that's the kind I generally gravitate towards for some reason...