Saturday, June 28, 2008

What is Abiding in Jesus?

To abide in Christ means to remain connected to Him so completely that the “sap” of His Spirit flows through every part of your being, including your mind, will, and emotions as well as your words and deeds. The “fruit” that you then bear is actually produced by His Spirit in you through no conscious effort of your own. If you and I want to be fruitful, we do not concentrate on fruit-bearing’ we concentrate on our personal relationship with Jesus Christ.

~ Anne Graham Lotz (Life is Just Better with Jesus)

2 comments:

Carol said...

Anne has some wonderful thoughts. I love to hear her talk, and I have read a couple of her books. I met her once when I was working with her son for nine months in St. Louis as we prepared for the Billy Graham Crusade. I volunteered for nine months and met some wonderful people during that time. It was a neat experience! One of those "Thank you, Jesus, for allowing this episode in my life" kind of experiences.

Robin said...

Wow! What a neat experience.