Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Give!

I don't know about you, but there have been times when I've felt the tugging on my heart to give and then I questioned myself as to whether it was wise to give when the recipient may not use the gift in the same way I would deem necessary. This quote below took the steam out of my thoughts...

"Then I took some time out to think about what Jesus would do and realized how simple He made it. He gave us the most perfect blueprint possible. He said, when asked, “Give!” We don’t have to assess a situation, figure out whether it is the real thing or not, worry about abuses or rip-offs. All we have to do is give. Pretty simple, eh?"

~ taken from Christian Acts of Kindness - The Random Acts of Kindness Foundation, Published by Grace House 1999

1 comment:

Carol said...

Robin, I needed this! I'm a giver at heart and love to do so...therefore I sometimes fear I give too much. But this quote helped me see my giving as a nudge of the Spirit...as long as I give in good conscience. I don't have to worry about how it will turn out. I feel that I know you well enough now to say that you are no doubt a giver also!! Maybe people who like Butter Pecan ice cream are givers????