Wednesday, March 12, 2008

It's Not about You!

I have a new blogging friend, Carol and I'm borrowing a quote from one of her entries because I also read and enjoyed the book, The Power to Be Free by Dr. Frank Moore.

"The life you long for is not about you! It's about Christ and His example. The aim and focus is on others and the ways you can serve them in His name. It's not about finding yourself; it's about losing yourself. It's not about becoming strong; it's about coming to terms with your own weakness and finding your strength in Him. It's not about what you become; it's about what He becomes through you."

~ Frank Moore (The Power to Be Free: Discovering Life in the Spirit of Christ, Beacon Hill Press of Kansas City, 2005, p. 190)

3 comments:

Carol said...

You mentioned your church did this as a book study. We just finished our "Quest" small group study on this book last night. I also enjoyed Dr. Moore's "Rendezvous". I used both of those books and "Secret Strength" by Joni Eareckson Tada to prepare for a women's retreat a couple of weeks ago. Such basic, down to earth, true to the core stuff. Books I am keeping on my shelves!

Unknown said...

Robin,

I saw your comment and your note to me via NazNet. It is good to hear from you. Thanks for stopping by and for checking out my blog.

I checked yours out as well. I found this one particularly interesting. I will have to stop by more often.

~Kevin

Robin said...

CDC - those books all sound interesting. Thanks for the titles.

Kevin - thanks for stopping by.